Things to do in Amsterdam
With world-class museums, tours around the city, theatre, live music, laid-back bars and delightful restaurants, there's never a shortage of things to do in Amsterdam.
Things to do around the conference venue
- Artis Zoo. Stroll among the shady trees, admire the diversity of plants and animals, travel to the stars, enjoy our heritage. Visit ARTIS Amsterdam Royal Zoo and experience nature right in the city centre.
- Tropen museum. The Tropenmuseum is a museum of world cultures, housed in one of the most impressive museum buildings in the Netherlands.
- De Hortus Botanicus. For nearly four centuries, this botanical has regaled visitors with its lush greenhouses and exotic plants.
- Resistance museum. This museum is one of Amsterdam’s most intriguing and important museums chronicling the Dutch resistance movement during World War II and is located in the old Jewish quarter.
- Kriterion movie theater. A small theater totally run by students.
With Iamterdam's complete guide to unmissable experiences, you can explore the must-see attractions, delve into Amsterdam's history and make the most of the city all year around.
Take in an exhibition at a famous museum, relax in one of the parks or go on a canal cruise. If you don't know where to start, check out the suggested itineraries for ideas of what to do in the city besides visiting the AIS conference of course.