Interdisciplinary education and research: theory and practice in a challenging conference program
During the 41st ‘Association for Interdisciplinary Studies" (AIS) conference, hosted by the UvA's Institute for Interdisciplinary Studies (IIS), you will have the opportunity to exchange knowledge about interdisciplinary research and education with fellow international researchers and education professionals. This conference takes place from 24-26 October at the ‘Roeterseilandcampus’.
This year's conference has the theme "Interdisciplinarity in global contexts" and has a very diverse program with challenging workshops, panel discussions, performances and an exhibition.
Do you wish to expand your network or exchange ideas about the right methodology for knowledge integration? Are you curious as to what skills interdisciplinary students learn in other countries or how transdisciplinarity can be used in research into the major "global challenges"? Then register for this three-day conference via the button below.
Click here for more information about the programme.
Below a number of sessions as a cross-section of the entire programme:
- Effective team science with interdisciplinary translation - preconference workshop grounded in insights on the ‘Science of Team Science’ method
- Tackling tomorrow’s big questions: liberal education and interdisciplinary learning - international panel on how interdisciplinarity is implemented in liberal education
- Weaving the maps: tales of survival and resistance - arts performance based on research and analysis of narratives from refugee women from the Middle East
- Interdisciplinary methodologies to study cities around the globe - workshop on cities as the nexus of ‘glocalization’ and interdisciplinarity by the authors of ‘City Methods’.
- Action research and transdisciplinarity - presentations from multiple continents on tackling real-world problems together with local communities and stakeholders.
- Being methodologically agile in transdisciplinary research and cross-boundary engagement - audience immersion in transdisciplinary methods from 4 continents.
- Radical re-design of interdisciplinary education in global contexts - plenary panel and audience discussion on international initiatives for new curricula